Sunday, February 3, 2013

Tortilla, turkey, cheese and pickle pinwheels

Here's my other healthy Super Bowl food. As usual, I combined a couple of recipes to get this one just the way I wanted it.


Ingredients:

5 100-percent whole wheat tortillas, small size, or fewer large size ones
1 8-oz box of fat-free cream cheese, well softened
1 package of lean turkey or ham lunch meat
1 jar of pickles (I used spears for these, but I think in the future whole dill pickles would work a lot better in terms of rolling up and slicing because of their shape)
1 bag of shredded cheese, flavor of choice (I used sharp cheddar)
Head Country or whatever seasoning you enjoy

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, a cup of the shredded cheese and seasoning to taste. Lay out a tortilla on a plate and spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on top. Lay two slices of turkey across the tortilla. Spread a little more cheese mixture on top of the turkey to help pickle stay in place. Place enough pickles to span the tortilla toward one edge (I figured this near-the-edge thing out later after taking this photo).


Starting from the edge where the pickle is closest, roll tightly. Chill for an hour or two (I did overnight). Then using a very sharp knife, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts