Monday, February 18, 2013

Leaving your comfort zone can be fun!

I'm a pretty outgoing, social person, but boy do I get nervous when I am up in front of others.

I just read a good post on this from the Money Saving Mom and it couldn't have come at a better time. It seems last September I signed up to provide a craft for Brady's Valentines Day party at school.

First of all, I had forgotten. I'm glad his teacher reminded me! And second, I hadn't realized at the time I'd be LEADING the craft, in person, in front of all the kids and a few teachers too! ACK!

I fretted over this a little, but then searched some online crafts and found a couple of fun ones. As it turned out, I'm so glad I did it as I got to see Brady in his classroom, see him proud as can be to have his mom there in school. And also, it was so neat to interact with his classmates. They are interesting little guys and it's nice to put a face to the personalities I hear about from Brady.

His funniest line:

As I was holding up a pipe cleaner, I told all the first-graders, "Okay, hold up your first pipe cleaner like this, horizontally."

Brady pipes up from the back of the room, "I don't think they know what horizontal means!" Ha!

At any rate, here is the link to the craft we did to make these wonderful heart-shaped glasses. Next time there is a craft sign up for his school, you can bet I will be the first one to jump on it. It was a blessing to be a part of and I thank God He put it on my heart to sign up for that way back at the beginning of school and that He didn't let me know what I was in for so I couldn't let fear keep from doing it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts