Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 19 getting off Paxil: More dreams and energy

So ever since I started this journey, not only do I sleep better, wow do I have a lot of dreams! Really vivid ones, every single night. It's like a theater in my head. Was I not dreaming as much on Paxil? Or did I just not remember them as well? Whatever the case, I did something today that hubby could not believe. I got out of bed BEFORE I HAD TO.

I love my sleep and I always want "just five more minutes." But today I got up before him and Brady and had a few quiet moments. He couldn't believe it.

I think it is because I am sleeping better and possibly having more restorative dreams. He also says I seem to have more energy ("wired" was his word) and am very much "alive" where before I was more even keeled, more calm and cool and collected.

I have often thought that people with anxieties or depression or OCD find their minds getting stuck in a "thought loop" on one particular subject or thought. Your mind can focus in on one idea and go over and over it, hence fueling the anxiety or depression. I always felt like what Paxil did for me was let my mind slide off a particular thought without getting stuck on it.

But I think it must have let my mind slide off other thoughts too, things I might get very enthusiastic about and act on. I am certainly glad to have this blog as an outlet, because I am sure full of thoughts and ideas these days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts