Monday, February 25, 2013

Recreating a childhood memory: Snow Cream!

Oh boy, oh boy, one of my favorite childhood memories is my mom making us "snow cream."

And here she is in a rehab facility after knee replacement surgery and the day after it snowed she called up in the morning and said very enthusiastically, "I just thought of it, you have to make him snow cream!"

You just get a bowl, fill it with clean fluffy snow, add a few teaspoons of vanilla extract and a generous amount of sugar!

So I did. And he loved it! I did too :) Sharing family traditions is such an important thing with kids. I just read recently that kids with a strong sense of their family's history are less likely to engage in risky behavior.

They understand more who they are and who their family is, and have a stronger sense of self and health. Sounds like a good reason to make a sugary treat to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts