Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentines craft: Heart-shaped glasses

Valentine's Day favorite posts

This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme this week is Favorite Valentine's Day DIY and Craft Ideas. Be sure to check out all the great ideas shared at the end of this post!  You can also link up any family friendly Valentine's Day post you have on the linky at the bottom of this post!

Heart-shaped glasses Valentines craft

I talked the other day about how much I enjoy volunteering in Brady's classroom to lead a craft. The first one I did was in the first grade classroom last year and it was these super simple heart-shaped glasses for Valentine's Day.

I found this craft at the website Make and Takes. There are several other wonderful pipe cleaner or Valentine's crafts there. She has lots of detailed photos of each craft. Here's a list:
  1. Heart-shaped *love* goggles. 
  2. Heart-shaped rings.  
  3. Heart-shaped paper clips.  
  4. Pipe cleaner pencil toppers
  5. Cupid's bow and arrow.
I loved the glasses craft because it's fun, easy, fast and gives you something you can play with and keep. It was very easy for the first graders to follow.

All you need are 3 pipe cleaners per set of glasses and a pair of scissors. You can mix and match pipe cleaner colors, use all one color or get metallic like we did! 

Take the first pipe cleaner and bend it in half to make a V, then twist around to form the top of the heart. Repeat for the 2nd heart.

Cut a small piece of another pipe cleaner to attach the two hearts together where the glasses will sit on the bridge of the nose. Cut 1 more pipe cleaner in half and attach those two halves to the hearts for the ear pieces. Bend the back end down to wrap around the ear.

At Make and Takes, she has a mini version of the glasses too.

Brady displaying the pair he made. The kids loved seeing each other in their glasses.
This pair I whipped up this week in a very short time.

  Interested in more fantabulous Valentine's Day DIY or Craft ideas?  Check out any of these posts by clicking on any of the links below! 

valentines 1  

Called to Be a Mom -  Preschool Valentine's Crafts

valentines day 1 

Creative K Kids -  Cheap DIY Valentine's Day Crafts with What You Already Have

IMG_3393

   From the Burbs to the Boonies -  Valentines craft: Heart-shaped glasses


valentines day

 My Life Abundant -  Love Note Printables

 valentines 2

Surviving Toddlerhood - Valentine's Day Toddler Wall Art: Five Things I Love About You

 

Come to see our great Valentine's Day posts!

Still want more? Head to our Pintabulous Mom's Valentines Day Board!

We would love you to link up any Valentine's Day post that you have.   (They do not have to be craft/diy posts, but we would ask that it would be family friendly.)  Come back next week to see our favorite Valentine's Day food recipes where you can link up again!  We would love it if  you would like to get our button to remember to come back or to put it on your party page,  but it is not a requirement!
Creative K Kids
 

35 comments:

  1. I really like those valentine glasses :) They are so cool! Looks simple and easy to do n make :) Thanks for sharing this and the other links also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! And I love the metallic pipe cleaners. I bet the kids thought those were cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed all the different types of pipe cleaners they have.

      Delete
  3. These are so cute!!! I didn't know pipe cleaners came in shiny version..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me too and the kids loved them! Some did two different colors, some the same.

      Delete
  4. Super cute! I bet the kids had a great time with these glasses. :) It just goes to show that kids can have a great time with out spending a lot of money if you just use a little creativity.

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They enjoyed seeing the teachers and me in them the most, ha!

      Delete
  5. Those are so cute and my kids would have a blast making and wearing them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! Hope they enjoy it and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The heart shaped glasses are brilliant! Easy and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son looks like he had fun making these! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. LOL, thanks. I think he's pretty much convinced of that most of the time, ha!

      Delete
  9. Sweet ideas! I love hearts and sparkly pipe cleaners. It is so much fun take a simple material and make it marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Steph. Very cute, I bet your little guy really liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't he a cutie. Looks like he loved the glasses. Easy, fun little project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the fun pipe cleaners they make these days. When I was a kid there was white.. and literally you bought them at the tobacco store where people bought pipe cleaning supplies.. we made so many fun things with pipe cleaners and yes, cigar boxes.. the stores would give us all these things for free too! I still remember the pipe tobacco smell and exactly where the store was and the friends who would go in with me way back when.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I didn't realize you could only get them at tobacco stores. I was a little overwhelmed by all the choices! What a cool memory you have.

      Delete
  13. Those are so cute! Looks like a young Elton John!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute valentine's day projects! My toddler will think the heart shaped glasses are great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope they are a hit. They seemed to especially love seeing adults wearing them.

      Delete
  15. We've made pipe cleaner glasses before, but not HEART shaped glasses, the kids'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are super sweet! I know my 3 year old would love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We should make these at our house. My daughter loves to wear random sunglasses. She has a pair of play glasses that have the lenses out of them that she wears around the house...it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! I wonder if you could somehow glue some colored clear paper or colored plastic wrap in the lens part of these?

      Delete
  18. I love the heart shaped glasses a lot. Your son looks so funky and happy wearing them on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the you do the crafts for Brady's classroom. They look fun! I'm sure the imaginations run wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. I have such a blast every time, it's an eye opener and they always amaze me those kids.

      Delete
  20. Those glasses are adorable! I can't believe that Valentine's Day is right around the corner, but it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I know it! I need to get a few things for the boys!

      Delete
  21. The Valentines glasses are very cute and easy to make! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. CUTE ideas! Thank you for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Popular Posts