Friday, January 24, 2014

Egg-free Valentines treat: Heart-shaped rice krispies

Valentine's Day favorite posts
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme this week is Favorite Valentine's Day Recipes. Be sure to check out all the great recipes shared at the end of this post!  You can also link up any family friendly Valentine's Day post you have on the linky at the bottom of this post! 

I'm always on the look out for egg-free treats for my allergic kiddo. I've been wanting to try these since I printed out the recipe in February of last year.

For detailed directions, how they look with different sprinkles and also how to package them beautifully as gifts, check out the recipe on My Blessed Life.

I just made these for my husband and son, both of whom adore rice krispie treats. They were so good, we gobbled them up in two days (though we did share two with my in-laws, LOL). I was able to cut out 11 hearts with a few odd bits left over (the boys ate those before I could even frost the others, ha!).

I followed her basic recipe of making rice krispie treats and then cutting with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. I was a little bit lazy though, so instead of melting chocolate, I just bought a tub of cake frosting and spread that on.

They make a nice, light treat with no egg on a holiday that tends to get saturated with cakes, creme hearts, cookies, cupcakes and brownies, all which have that dreaded ingredient. Hope you enjoy!

They turn out so cute and they taste fantastic.
Just the right size and I love those little sugar sprinkles.
Interested in more fantabulous Valentine's Day Recipes?  Check out any of these posts by clicking on the links below!
jills

Called To Be A Mom -  Valentine's Homemade Pizza

 

Valentine seven Layer bars

 
stephs

tammy

My Life Abundant -  Blueberry Strawberry Muffins

 

 rebekahs

Surviving Toddlerhood -  Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Muffins {Grain, Dairy, Refined Sugar, Egg and Nut Free}

 

 Come to see our great Valentine's Day posts!Still want more? Head to our Pintabulous Mom's Valentines Day Board!

We would love you to link up any Valentine's Day post that you have.   (They do not have to be craft/diy posts, but we would ask that it would be family friendly.)   This linky will stay open until February 14 so that you can continue to come back and add your Valentine's Day posts.  We would love it if  you would like to get our button to remember to come back or to put it on your party page,  but it is not a requirement! 

Creative K Kids

6 comments:

  1. Your rice krispie treats look so good!! =)
    Perfect for Valentines Day!

    Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Valentine's treat. And you can never go wrong with rice kirspie treats. mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! Rice krispie treats are one of my favorite! As far as treats go, they are one of the lesser evils, ha!

      Delete
  3. Yummy! Egg allergies are yucky, I'm so glad that there are options for replacer and recipes like these where you simply don't have to worry about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, egg allergy is a bummer. It's in so many things! But I am amazed at all the alternatives out there.

      Delete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Popular Posts