Sunday, February 3, 2013

Healthy Super Bowl food options

I had a revelation this week. When I go to a party in which I am bringing a dish, it needs to be a healthy option so I can eat that and just sample the less healthy options.

All party food doesn't have to be bad for you! So here's what I made: cut up veggies with guacamole dip, and whole wheat turkey and cheese pickle roll-ups (recipe to come in next post).

I can't believe how easy and cheap the guacamole dip was. A total cost of about $2 and another $2 for the veggies. 

6 avocados (19 cents each at Aldi), peeled, pitted and mashed
2 cans of Ro-tel tomatoes w/chilies and cilantro (49 cents a piece at Dillons)
1/4 cup of chopped onion
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 to 1 tsp of salt, pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

The veggies below were peppers for 43 cents a piece at Aldi, free carrots from father-in-law's garden and broccoli crowns for 99 cents a bunch at Aldi.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts