Sunday, February 3, 2013

No Screens Saturday: We had so much fun!

This Saturday was our first No Screens Saturday, with the exception of TV, and it turned out even better than I imagined. We had such a calm, peaceful, fun day that just flowed under its own momentum.

Brady accepted this idea whole-heartedly without question, so much so he told his teacher she should not try and email me on Saturdays because I will not get on the computer.

We agreed to watch a movie together after I finished some chores, so Brady chose to help me with the laundry and dishes so I could finish quicker. While I wrote out my grocery list and to-do list for the week, he wrote out ideas for his invention party, including a detailed timeline of 15-minute increments for 2.5 hours worth of activities. He also started a guest list. Then we watched our movie.

After that, I trimmed his hair, he took a long bath, he wanted to see how I made Mommy Magic Spray so I showed him (water, perfume, one Mommy hair and a lot of love). Then we drove to the nearest town and got a cherry limeade at Sonic and played in the park in the wonderful 55-degree sunny weather.

All in all a glorious day. Can't wait till next Saturday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts