Saturday, January 12, 2013

Meal planning, our menu this week

A big part of saving money is planning. This includes meals. I look at what's in my cupboard and freezer and what's on sale for the week, and I make a weekly menu based on that.

Hubby got his deer on Sunday so that has also influenced our menu:

Last night: deer steaks and healthy "fried" potatoes
Tonight: Still thinking on that, LOL
Sunday: Stuffed and baked deer heart, baked sweet potato and white potato
Monday: Seafood smorgasbord since we have cans of smoked oysters & mussels, tuna in oil, crackers and cheese
Tues: BBQ crockpot pork brisket and breaded, fried zucchini
Wed: Gourmet grilled cheese with bacon, avocado and tomato soup
Thursday: Deer chili with homemade biscuits
Friday: Shepherd's pie
Sat: Leftovers, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts