Thursday, January 24, 2013

You can save lots & get stuff free at the store!

Here is an example of grocery shopping I've done this week and how just a little time spent on strategy (as always, I recommend fellow Kansan the Money Saving Mom to learn how to do this) will help you save tons of money. Our grocery budget for a family of 3 and 3 pets is somewhere between $60 and $80 per week, so $240 to $320 per month. I used to spend double and at times triple that.

Here were some of my savings this week:

I spent a total, with tax, of $12.13 for this bunch of groceries at Aldi yesterday. It includes 14 avocados (19 cents a piece on sale), a gallon of 2% milk ($1.98 on sale) and 2 pounds of shredded cheese (each $3.29).

I spent a total, with tax, of $12.38 at Dillons for these, including 10 cans of Ro-Tel tomatoes (49 cents each, some were tomatoes with chilies and some were with cilantro and lime), 3 cans of spaghettios (92 cents each after sale and doubled coupon, for hubby and I not Brady!), 2 jars of Dawn dish soap (49 cents each after doubled coupons), pack of 3 individual pop-top cans of chicken for Brady's lunch ($2.79 on sale from regular $2.99) and a FREE tube of Carmex after a doubled 50 cent coupon and on sale for $1.

FREE toothpaste! Or rather 6 cents worth of tax on a tube of Colgate toothpaste at Dillons, on sale for $1 with a doubled 50 cent coupon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts