Friday, January 18, 2013

My husband's $50 thrift store profit via Ebay

Hubby bought a pair of hunting boots at a Goodwill in Wichita a few months back and paid $9. They were the right size but a short time of wearing them showed they were too narrow and tight.

So, I hit Ebay to sell them. Turns out they were vintage (made in USA in the 70s &80s) Browning kangaroo leather boots. Wow! They sold for $90 and when you take out what he initially paid for them ($9), Paypal's fee ($5 including the fee to mail a check), Ebay's fee ($9) and my 20 percent cut of $15, (LOL, my time's worth something!) he will pocket a straight $50 profit! Not a bad return on your money!

Pay attention when you go in thrift stores. I once bought a pair of size 1 Converse flaming skull skating tennis shoes for Brady for $4. He wore them for a few months and then I sold them on Ebay for $20.

Good luck and happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts