Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thoughts of summer...

Now that I'm back in a state with seasons (Florida is just one big long season with a few hotter days and a few colder days, and South Carolina is not much better) I experienced something I had forgotten about.

Just yesterday a rush of excitement about summer rushed through me. Here we are with highs in the 30s and finally I am starting to anticipate the season of gardening and going the lake and wearing shorts. We can fish and watch bugs and get out the sprinkler.

"I can't wait until we can go to the pool again!" I told Brady, feeling giddy about the whole idea.

It's my philosophy (and my explanation to Brady when he moans, "Why do we even HAVE winter?") that we have winter so we can appreciate summer and summer (in the 110s here) so we can appreciate winter. I believe it.

And spring and summer? They're there to give us a break, keep us on our toes and help us transition. Here's looking forward to summer! Bring it on! (Of course come about August I'll be saying, ugh, I've had enough of sweat, flies, mosquitoes, ticks and poison ivy! Bring on the winter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts