Friday, January 4, 2013

Easy Cheesy meatloaf

This is one of our go-to favorite all-time meals. It's great with potatoes, carrots, stuffing, rolls, whatever. It's also versatile. I have made it with deer (that's what tonight's was), turkey, pork, chicken and various blends of those over the years. This recipe has you putting cheese in the center, but another fun thing to do is hard boil eggs and place a couple of those in the middle. It's very cool to slice through and see an egg in there. But I prefer cheese, plus Brady's egg-allergic.



2 large eggs (I use 1/4 cup of applesauce per egg instead)
2 Tbsp brown mustard (I use regular mustard)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
(I also added some basil and parsley)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
3/4 cup bread crumbs
Cheese - can be any kind, I most often use cheddar or mozzarella, either shredded or cut in slices

2 pounds of ground meat. I take the meat before mixing the other ingredients and mix in a good helping of Head Country seasoning and also a dash of liquid smoke, soy sauce and Worcestershire. YUM!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat the eggs. Add mustard, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and ketchup, and stir. Add ground meat and bread crumbs. Mix until combined. Don't overmix.

Transfer mixture to a baking dish and form the bottom of a loaf, using about 3/4 of the meat. Spread however much cheese you want in the middle (or lay out hardboiled eggs) and form the rest of the meat on top of it.

Bake about 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts