Monday, May 13, 2013

We finished the stick house!

Back in December, right around the dawn of Invention Party, Brady also brought me the plans for a stick house. He came up with the idea all by himself and had the wherewithal to write them down. So, I said, okay, let's do it.

He told me early on he was the foreman and I was the worker, so I got some exercise in this deal. We are now done. The Invention Party was our goal to get it done and we did it.

Proof that a child's big dreams can come true. What a lesson for us both! Here is its evolution:

This is pre-stick house:


Brady's initial concept, written instructions and drawing: 


How far we got the very first day:


It survived the snow:


Bunny tracks in the snow in the house!

 

Things are moving along:

  Hanging out with the cat and then a friend at the party: 

  

The finished product in all its glory! Brady told me, "We'll leave it up for next year's Invention Party." Sounds good! In the meantime, it's a fun playhouse. And his idea worked :) The brick floor was a bonus idea that came later and it works great! And what couldn't benefit from just a little duct tape?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts