Thursday, May 30, 2013

Finally, some rain in Kansas

This year has been a lot better for moisture, at least in Kansas which has been plagued by drought for a few years. We had a loooooonnnnggg winter with a fair bit of moisture. And yesterday, here at home, we got somewhere upwards of 3 inches. It rained and rained and rained.

It was much needed, but unfortunately a baby cucumber plant bit the dust in the process. I only had two coming up from the seeds I saved from last year and the other one, the one that might make it, is pretty gimpy! His leaves got stuck in the seed and I had to pry them out. Sigh. My gardening adventures are becoming exhausting already.

But anyway, lots of rain here. I collect it in a big wash tub and save as much as I can for future garden watering. Here's an idea how much we got.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts