Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Good blog post: when motherhood is hard

At a blog I have just discovered and started following called In the Nursery of the Nation, there is a wonderful post on days when there is no joy in motherhood. That sounds harsh, but I think a lot of Moms will understand and be comforted by her words, especially from a Christian perspective.

My favorite part, something I've been thinking about a lot lately - this idea that we "deserve" certain things in life - is this below (and also she says, "Talk to yourself, don't let yourself talk to you." That makes SO much sense to me):

Entitlement

Our brains are so pickled in feminism that we don’t realize that many times we have problems with entitlement. In a world that tells us we "deserve the best," this is not a popular message. I mean...

I am entitled to drink this coffee while it is still hot.

I am entitled to have a night of uninterrupted sleep.

I am entitled to some me-time (I do not think “me time” is always wrong, but we can easily be off-balance. Read: What About Me Time).

Feelings of entitlement, that we deserve this or that, can make us inwardly seethe and become bitter because there is always this battle with the flesh going on.  We don’t “deserve” anything in this life, except the burning fires of hell. Anything else we get are sprinkles on a big ol cupcake. There is great freedom in giving over your rights to another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts