Monday, May 6, 2013

You know you're in the country... baby squirrels...

My husband and I were treated to a beautiful sight this morning. A mama squirrel and three mid-sized babies are living in a hollow spot in one of our large trees.

These cute little guys ran up and down that tree with Mama always close behind. They had tails so puffy and long the tails were bigger than their actual bodies! They climbed over and around each other, picked at each other's tails and just generally seemed to work on their climbing confidence.

But Mama finally herded them all back in the hole.

I wish I had gotten a picture, but I was afraid I'd either miss the fun or startle them. I'll see if I can't later today or tomorrow. I hope Brady gets to see them. He'll absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts