Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Sweet words from my boy on Mom's Day
Brady had told me they were doing something "top secret," but I had no idea how involved it was. She took pictures of each, had them write what is important to them about their moms, then printed the words over the photo and framed it. Wow.
I really teared up over this. I've had my own mom in tears over the years with things I've written, but this one really got me!
He wrote some of the things we have done lately - soccer and reading work. And fixing his owwies and headaches and coughs in the night. Oh my goodness, these things maybe really do make a difference? He really does see those things as expressions of love? It seems like too much to hope for when you pour all that you have into a kid.
Thank you, God, for this boy. And thank God for his teacher for helping him express these words to me. They mean more than anything in the world.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Funny things Brady says... about peas...
- The joy of finding a problem you don't have
- Finally, some rain in Kansas
- Super easy & tasty crockpot "refried" beans
- For a different kid, consider different care
- The ever-giving memory: grandpa's rhubarb plants
- On Memorial Day, recall the past that shaped the now
- Memorial Day: Joining the military is such an act ...
- There's no magic answer, no magic pill, only life
- Changing words, deeds, thoughts every day
- My garden: Why I love dirt on my hands
- My first guest post! "10 Simple Ways to Save Money"
- As a parent, stop and think why you say "No"
- We're ready for summer at the office!
- More Freebies in my mailbox. Yippee!
- Teaching tool: Prize Store becomes Reading Store
- After Oklahoma, little things don't matter....
- ADHD: Find a parent advocacy center in your state
- Fake choc-peanut butter-banana ice cream, YUM!
- Clover fields in Kansas, how beautiful
- 3 good Thriving Family articles: prayer, marriage,...
- ADHD: What we learned from 2 dogs, Piggie & Banks
- A happy mistake: the reading counts skate party
- In a small town, everyone does double duty
- Funny things Brady says... suspected bad word
- The power of a parent over a child
- My new sayings, about blessings
- Life: Take it one little piece at a time
- Sweet words from my boy on Mom's Day
- What I love about a Christian life
- We finished the stick house!
- Back to cooking and don't waste potato skins!
- Only in a small town... wrong number on Mom's Day...
- 10 things about my Mom & being a Mom
- Parenting: We're in the planting phase
- In pursuit of faith: the scenic route
- The Invention Party was a success!
- Only in a small town... forgotten flower...
- Weight loss: slow and steady work
- Yes ma'am, yes sir: good for all of us
- Free Junie B. Jones book!
- Letting a kid be a kid, I wish!
- Good blog post: when motherhood is hard
- Funny things Brady says... Jase waking up
- Funny things Brady says... chick flicks
- Parenting idea: A child's "pro's" list
- Why we look forward to school year's end...
- You know you're in the country... baby squirrels...
- Grace under pressure, it is so hard
- Small town joy, the 59th church sale!
- Keeping the blog real, so God "steal my show"
- You know you're in a small town... grocery tour
- Funny things Brady says ... at doc's office
- Funny things Brady says... party advertising
- A role model at 7 years old? Sheesh!
- Yes Ma'am and Yes Sir, what a good idea!
- Maybe struggling sometimes is okay, even good
- Small towns keep it real and personal
- ▼ May (58)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...