If you're anything like me, you have potential dollars sitting around the house! For 12 years I have sold my unwanted or no longer needed stuff on Ebay, and all of you can too! Some people go to yard and estate sales and find things cheap to resell, but I just look around my house.
The best part about Ebay as a shopper is you can find nearly anything on it. And that is so because just regular people can sell what they already have lying around their house. I have sold men's, women's and kids clothes, jewelry and loose gems, beach glass I found in Florida, books of all kinds, figurines, an antique or two, shoes, DVDs, CDs, books on CD. The strangest - and now saddest - thing I ever sold was a knife my ex-fiance who is now my husband made for me 20 years ago :( I kept it for 9 years after our break up before selling it and contacted the person who bought it, but wasn't able to get it back. Sigh. Live and learn.
But it's pretty easy to sell on there. You find what you want to sell, search "sold listings" as opposed to active ones to see how much recent ones of that item have sold for and price accordingly. Take a few pictures and follow Ebay's "sell an item" steps. Most listings are free anymore. Consider a "buy it now" price as well so you don't have to wait for an auction to end. You'll need to weigh the item and packaging and check shipping rates at usps.com and include that.
If you have a bunch of jewelry around you no longer wear, put it in a big "lot" and you can get $10 easy probably. Same goes for books. I just sold a lot of 29 kids books for $10 and Brady and I will split it. And the buyer pays shipping too! Just this week I've sold kids pants, my shoes, an old text book and a hardback fiction book.
You'll need to have a paypal.com account as well. You can have the money you make deposited into your bank account, but what I do these days is let it accumulate and then use it back on Ebay to buy presents for friends and family. Give it a try! You could make a few extra bucks!
- ► 2017 (53)
- ► 2013 (521)
- Funny things Brady says...thank you cards
- We like to get out in all kinds of weather
- Not-Fried Fried potatoes & Day-After-Christmas cas...
- The drought hits home, tough times for the Midwest...
- Being "different" isn't bad...
- Free & easy slide-show greeting cards with Smilebo...
- After the Holidays, back to Spark People
- How you can get free magazines every month
- Wild game cooking: Wild turkey fingers
- Pull-apart bread & Mom's gravy
- Lessons from a child for goodbyes - take photos!
- The Eight Christmases of Brady
- Tortellini Soup & My Mom's Awesome Easy Biscuits
- Amazon trade-ins - get a gift card for your stuff!...
- 4 ways to get kids comfortable in church
- Stock homemade frozen foods for kids
- Funny things Brady says...boss in Spanish
- The Flylady helps get you organized!
- The sweet heart of a child
- 8 reasons why I don't text
- Using Timers with kids
- Wild game cooking: Venison jerky in the oven
- Fish foil packets
- Do It Yourself: picked beets & pickled eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: Tell kids 1,000 + 1 times
- Easy chicken pot pie
- Brady's cool find yesterday in cold weather
- Easiest way to make pasta
- Pesto with olives & mushrooms
- Savings tip: $1 clothes at Walmart
- Getting out of the house - 26 free fun activities!...
- Ebay can teach about math, money & sales
- "This was my idea. Was it a good one?"
- 8 anxiety busters and mood changers
- Buying on Ebay: find your favorite things cheaper!...
- Saying yes to kids and their big ideas
- Cheap homemade pizza!
- Savings tips: cheap easy skin care tips
- Funny Things Brady Says... construction
- For night fears, Mommy Magic Spray
- 1-2-3 Magic discipline for kids
- Why Ebay can work for anyone
- Funny things Brady says ... date night minions
- Busy in a Small Town
- Savings tip: Walgreens perfumes
- ▼ December (45)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...