Thursday, December 6, 2012

Buying on Ebay: find your favorite things cheaper!

Earlier in the week I talked about selling on Ebay, how anyone can do it with a variety of items sitting at home. And later this week I want to talk about how you can teach your kids about math and earning money by selling their unwanted items FOR them on Ebay.

But today, I want tell you my experience buying on Ebay. Last year I fell while carrying a heavy computer monitor, bruising my leg and tearing a hole in the knee of my favorite Dana Buchman jeans. My leg healed, the jeans didn't. Sigh.

I'm not much of a shopper. I hate trying on stuff. When I have a favorite, I wear it FOREVER. I can't remember how much I paid for them in the store, but I was able to go on Ebay and find the exact same pair in the same size for $20 shipped. I was ecstatic! Well, just this week a hole tore in the knee of my Old Navy The Flirt jeans, my second favorite pair of jeans that I have worn for years. So I went on Ebay and found the exact same ones for $10 shipped. Yay!

Another time my mother-in-law lost one of her favorite earrings that she'd purchased at Dillards. Our Dillards closed this year. So sure enough, I went online and found her the same pair on Ebay for $16 shipped, much less, she said, than what she'd paid in the store. 

Also, I recently purchased a cable to go from my printer to my computer. They are $15 at Walmart or $4 shipped on Ebay. I got a round of car chargers for $4 a piece shipped for myself, my husband, and my in-laws. Sometimes things are less at Walmart, but more often than not, you can find the exact item significantly cheaper on Ebay.

Could save you some money! Or at the very least help you find your favorite pants again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts