Friday, December 7, 2012

Ebay can teach about math, money & sales

Brady is quite the entrepreneur. He's always coming up with ways to earn money. At the office, he once picked up more than 400 cigarette butts to earn $10. Another time he devised a box with a hole at the top that he placed outside our front door and required a 10 cent deposit to enter the house.

This really only worked with my mom, but he made a couple bucks that way. He sold crystals for a buck a piece and got four or five of us to buy one. He sold toys in a yard sale in Florida.

So I try to foster this budding foray into commerce. The other day he picked out 29 of his 100 or so books (sheesh!) to sell on Ebay. It brought $10 plus $5 shipping. I showed him on a piece of paper how we started with $15, minus Ebay and Paypal's fee, and minus shipping. We arrived at a figure of $6.72 profit.

He got 80 percent which was $5.38 and I got 20 percent as my fee for $1.34. We're now going to sell four of his DVDs and we'll do the same.

If you have the time, it's a fun way to teach your kids about buying and selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts