Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cheap homemade pizza!

Who doesn't love pizza? Well, my son doesn't, but he's different. My husband and I sure do. A few times a year I get to use those free $10 Pizza Hut gift cards, but the rest of the time I just can't stand spending a lot on pizza.

So, I buy two 50-cent Great Value pizza dough packs (Ready in 5 mins! Add only water!), a $1 can of pizza sauce and a $2.99 1-pound bag of shredded cheese at Dillons when it is on sale (You can often get 8 ounce bags for $1.50 to $1.75 as well at Kroger and other stores). I only use about a third of the can of sauce, freezing the rest for later, and a third of the bag of cheese. That makes for a large-size pizza costing $2.33.

The other night I also got Canadian bacon (used half the package), olives and mushrooms, (used half of each) and some sausage I had previously cooked and frozen, bringing the total cost to $6. If you add cut up tomatoes, onions, peppers, jalapenos, or even chicken, you could make for a very healthy and low-cost dinner. Give it a try, enjoy and save some money at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts