Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stock homemade frozen foods for kids

We're all busy these days, right? Who couldn't use a time saver now and again? Like tonight, for example. I'll get Brady at 5, get home, quick dinner, then off to his Christmas program at 6:30.

On nights like these, I like to fall back on a wonderful idea my Mom gave me. Now, I usually keep some pop-in-the-microwave frozen meals around for hubby and I, but that won't work for Brady. It either has egg or is something he absolutely won't touch.

Fortunately, my Mom keeps me supplied with frozen egg-free pancakes and frozen egg-free turkey meatballs. They are Brady's favorite. Just pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and they're perfect! I also will use these for his lunch. Take them out the night before and leave them in the frig overnight, then put an ice pack in with the meatballs and it is a nice, easy, healthy lunch.

Whatever your kids' favorite easy foods are, package them in single-serving portions and have them ready to heat up whenever you are pressed for time.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts