Sunday, March 24, 2013

You know you're in a small town...homemade cookies...

My husband and father-in-law helped out a local resident we know recently by starting her car and checking it out to make sure it was okay.

The very next day we had a full bag of glorious homemade chocolate chip cookies (and a bag of M&Ms for egg-allergic Brady) and a beautiful card expressing thanks.

My goodness such gestures are absolutely wonderful and warm the heart (the cookies warm my belly!). I just wish there was more of that kind of gratitude in our world. In a small town, it seems more tangible gestures like that are made, maybe because there's so few of us far from the larger world.

I wish I showed gratitude more grandly and will work towards that.

In the meantime, I am loving those cookies! Warmed up 15 seconds in the microwave with a cup of soy milk. Mmmmmmm. Nothing better in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts