Saturday, March 16, 2013

When to act and when to sit back?

This is something I struggle with all the time, especially as it relates to my child. And I still have no answer for it. I have faith always that God is in control. But I also believe that there are things we are supposed to do to make changes in our lives and the lives of the ones we love.

I often think and say, "Do your best and give God the rest." I don't think you can just let life go by and hope He will make it perfect. I think we have a responsibility to do certain things too, hopefully with Him and for Him.

There are times I feel compelled to take an action, times I feel unfair things have been said and done to Brady. I try not to fight his battles, but he has a lot of them and at times I see situations I feel have crossed the line or been too harsh. Should I act on that every time? Or should I have faith that it will work out? How do you know when it's right to say something? Maybe it's a test? Of who? Me? Or him? Or someone else?

I pray about these things, but sometimes the compulsion to act is SO strong, I can't tell if my own desire superseding what I should do or if it's really the right thing.

And I tend to play these things over in my mind for too long, even after I've made a choice. So, I'm back to my original statement, I guess, as my best answer: "Do your BEST and give God the rest."

So if I've made a mistake, I did it with honesty and caring, but I'm human and I'm fallible. I did my best, even though it may or may not have been the right thing, and so I have to give even that up to God. I have to give even my uncertainty and perhaps even my mistakes up to Him to handle. What if I've made things worse? Well, He can fix anything and I just hope to keep an open heart as to the right path. With faith and prayer and an open heart, I can only hope to do better each day.

If anyone has other ideas on this, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts