Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Weight loss tip: Grocery store salad bar

I'm on the road a lot during the week and usually always have healthy snacks with me. But sometimes I run out or forget.

A good way to grab something on the run that is healthy and not fast food is to stop by a grocery store salad bar that charges by the pound. Here in Kansas, it's Dillons. In South Carolina, it was Publix.

You can get a small container with proteins like egg, cottage cheese, nuts, beans, diced ham, turkey or chicken; seeds and olives; and all kinds of veggies and fruits. Mine usually costs between $2 and $3 and is a well balanced snack. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts