Monday, March 4, 2013

Divorce Care support group: A wonderful resource

I'm a big believer in support groups, of connecting with people who understand what you are going through. One thing that is very common in our society, that most of us can relate to each other on, is divorce. So it only stands to reason there would be an extensive divorce support group network.

If you're going through divorce or know someone who is, or even if you've gone through it in the past and are still struggling or want to help others, I would like to recommend Divorce Care. I personally went to a Divorce Care group at my church for several months and it was very good for me.

It helped me realize some things about myself that I needed to see, it helped me heal and it helped me to make better choices in the future. Here's what the website says about it:

"DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. DivorceCare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable DivorceCare resources to help you deal with the pain of the past and look forward to rebuilding your life. There are thousands of DivorceCare divorce recovery support groups meeting throughout the US, Canada and in other countries around the world. There’s one meeting near you!"

Many cities also have Divorce Care for Kids. Anyone who has been through it with kids knows how hard that can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts