Sunday, March 10, 2013

Behavior booster: teaching "inside voice"

A recent issue at school for Brady has been talking too loud and blurting things out of turn. This is a tough one to try and change from home.

I thought about it for awhile and came up with this idea. I told Brady, "From now on, I will not respond to your requests if you shout them from across the room. If you need me, come up to me and in a reasonable, calm inside voice, ask what you need to."

And I have tried to stick with it. He must walk up to me and have appropriate volume to his voice before I will acknowledge what he needs. This idea is sort of from Love & Logic. You have to ask for something appropriately before you get it.

It seems to be working! Or maybe that idea of getting his DS one day a week on the bus is what's really working, LOL. Either way, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts