Saturday, March 23, 2013

God's my King of Rock 'n' roll, 47 songs

See below, 47 contemporary Christian rock or pop songs. 

You can also go to Pandora and choose "Christian rock" or "Contemporary Christian" or even a particular artist.

I'm a sucker for Christian rock music. I have to admit it. I've always loved rock, ever since I can remember, better than any other type of music. Some people prefer hymns or gospel, and I like them too. But give me a solid beat, drums, guitar, keyboard, a rising crescendo. Rock sings to my soul; rock I feel deep inside, like a conduit to my heart; rock is my Joyful Noise.

The music is in no way a substitute for prayer, church or the Word of God, of course, but it sure helps me remember in a tangible way who I am and who I want to be. It lifts my spirit, helps me focus my day, gives me motivation and peace, helps me feel connected. Maybe music in general just does that for me and that combined with the messages within those songs is just fantastic.

And it's music that's about something, something that means a lot to me. 

The church I went to in Florida had an awesome Christian rock band. Some of the members have formed this band, Life After Eden. My church now has fantastic singers and they mix in various instruments and we all sing hymns. I love that too. But I also now listen a lot to K-love. I know not everyone agrees with Christian rock, but it sure speaks to me. And so many touch on things I struggle with daily. They make me want to close my eyes, raise my hands and praise God.

Some of the songs below are not necessarily rock (some are pop, I guess), but they are at the least contemporary Christian. And this is from a girl who refused to listen to "God music channels" prior to age 38 :O)

Mercy Me: 

Word of God Speak - MercyMe

All of Creation - MercyMe

I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe


Brandon Heath: 

Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath

Your Love - Brandon Heath

The Light in Me - Brandon Heath

David Crowder:


How He Loves Us - David Crowder

After All (Holy) - David Crowder 

The Afters:

Light Up the Sky - The Afters


Every Good Thing - The Afters

Jeremy Camp:


There Will Be A Day - Jeremy Camp

Walk By Faith - Jeremy Camp


Overcome- Jeremy Camp

Chris Tomlin:

I Will Follow You - Chris Tomlin

Everlasting God - Chris Tomlin

Our God is Greater - Chris Tomlin

Whom Shall I Fear - Chris Tomlin

Matthew West:
My Own Little World - Matthew West

Strong Enough - Matthew West

Hello, My Name Is...- Matthew West


Jamie Grace:

Hold Me- Jamie Grace

You Lead - Jamie Grace

Sanctus Real:

Lead Me - Sanctus Real

Hold On To The Promises - Sanctus Real

Newsboys:

He Reigns - Newsboys

Born Again - Newsboys

Others: 

Carry Me - Josh Wilson

The Solid Rock - Charlie Hall

Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew


In Christ Alone- Travis Cottrell

Our God Saves - Paul Baloche

Revelation Song - Kari Jobe


God Gave Me You - Dave Barnes

Praise you in this storm- Casting Crowns

Great I Am - New Life Worship


Who I Am - Jason Gray

A More Beautiful You - Jonny Diaz

My Savior, My God - Aaron Shust

Middle of Your Heart - King & Country

Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman

I Need A Miracle - Third Day


Mighty to Save -  Michael Smith
 
Song of Hope - Robbie Seay Band


Live Like That - Sidewalk Prophets

One Things Remains - Jesus Culture


You Are More - Tenth Avenue North

What Love Really Means - JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts