Saturday, March 23, 2013
God's my King of Rock 'n' roll, 47 songs
You can also go to Pandora and choose "Christian rock" or "Contemporary Christian" or even a particular artist.
I'm a sucker for Christian rock music. I have to admit it. I've always loved rock, ever since I can remember, better than any other type of music. Some people prefer hymns or gospel, and I like them too. But give me a solid beat, drums, guitar, keyboard, a rising crescendo. Rock sings to my soul; rock I feel deep inside, like a conduit to my heart; rock is my Joyful Noise.
The music is in no way a substitute for prayer, church or the Word of God, of course, but it sure helps me remember in a tangible way who I am and who I want to be. It lifts my spirit, helps me focus my day, gives me motivation and peace, helps me feel connected. Maybe music in general just does that for me and that combined with the messages within those songs is just fantastic.
And it's music that's about something, something that means a lot to me.
The church I went to in Florida had an awesome Christian rock band. Some of the members have formed this band, Life After Eden. My church now has fantastic singers and they mix in various instruments and we all sing hymns. I love that too. But I also now listen a lot to K-love. I know not everyone agrees with Christian rock, but it sure speaks to me. And so many touch on things I struggle with daily. They make me want to close my eyes, raise my hands and praise God.
Some of the songs below are not necessarily rock (some are pop, I guess), but they are at the least contemporary Christian. And this is from a girl who refused to listen to "God music channels" prior to age 38 :O)
Word of God Speak - MercyMe
All of Creation - MercyMe
I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe
Give Me Your Eyes - Brandon Heath
Your Love - Brandon Heath
The Light in Me - Brandon Heath
How He Loves Us - David Crowder
After All (Holy) - David Crowder
Light Up the Sky - The Afters
Every Good Thing - The Afters
There Will Be A Day - Jeremy Camp
Walk By Faith - Jeremy Camp
Overcome- Jeremy Camp
I Will Follow You - Chris Tomlin
Everlasting God - Chris Tomlin
Our God is Greater - Chris Tomlin
Whom Shall I Fear - Chris Tomlin
My Own Little World - Matthew West
Strong Enough - Matthew West
Hello, My Name Is...- Matthew West
Hold Me- Jamie Grace
You Lead - Jamie Grace
Lead Me - Sanctus Real
Hold On To The Promises - Sanctus Real
He Reigns - Newsboys
Born Again - Newsboys
Carry Me - Josh Wilson
The Solid Rock - Charlie Hall
Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew
In Christ Alone- Travis Cottrell
Our God Saves - Paul Baloche
Revelation Song - Kari Jobe
God Gave Me You - Dave Barnes
Praise you in this storm- Casting Crowns
Great I Am - New Life Worship
Who I Am - Jason Gray
A More Beautiful You - Jonny Diaz
My Savior, My God - Aaron Shust
Middle of Your Heart - King & Country
Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman
I Need A Miracle - Third Day
Mighty to Save - Michael Smith
Song of Hope - Robbie Seay Band
Live Like That - Sidewalk Prophets
One Things Remains - Jesus Culture
You Are More - Tenth Avenue North
What Love Really Means - JJ Heller
- ► 2017 (53)
- Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- My $4 Mudd boots from Salvation Army store
- 5 reasons I choose not to homeschool
- Deals at Aldi and Dillons, through April 2
- 3 free snailmail Sunmaid raisin recipe books
- 6 reasons collecting is a good kid hobby
- When the problem is behavior, not learning
- ADHD: teacher's attitude makes all the difference
- Proctor & Gamble free samples: I got lots of them!
- Winter's last gasp? We enjoyed it...
- Spring brings lots of work to do...
- A claim code test, please disregard
- Natural talent: Brady's Super Square
- Free stuff from Smiley360, Campbells new soups
- The same boots, 2 Goodwills, 10 years apart
- You know you're in a small town...homemade cookies...
- Finding contentment in what we have...
- God's my King of Rock 'n' roll, 47 songs
- Anxiety buster: Eat more almonds!
- Cool American environmentalist folk art
- This weeks Aldi and Dillons deals....
- Getting your way may not be best
- Day 44 Getting Off Paxil: All done
- Try Something New Thursday: Almonds!
- 1st grade homework help: Spelling, reading, writing
- Spring is here, but snow is coming...
- A cool Memphis/Southern/American experience
- Cool church sign...
- You know you're in a small town when... lost dog
- When to act and when to sit back?
- Dillons and Aldi deals (March 13 - 19)
- Follow your dreams, find your niche
- Pandora: Free music website
- Finding faith is like falling in love
- Behavior booster: Finding common ground
- Good behavior: practice makes...a lot better!
- Weight loss tip: Grocery store salad bar
- Improving spelling ... teacher's advice worked!
- "Love chemicals" wear off after 12 to 18 months
- Music releases feel-good brain chemicals
- Funny things Brady says ... about dreams...
- 80 easy, frugal, healthy packed lunch ideas
- Behavior booster: teaching "inside voice"
- Positive self-talk & 2 sermons that changed my life
- Try Something New Thursday: Hummus
- The power of rewarding a kid...
- A good laugh about my patio garden pots...
- Behavior booster: Work as a team
- Diverse friends keep us from judging
- God bless understanding teachers
- Almost time for the garden!
- Teachable moments: the new kid at school
- This week's deals at Dillons
- Ask yourself, "What can I do for them?"
- Change your hair, change your outlook
- Funny things Brady says... about commercials...
- Sweet things Brady says... about being a parent...
- I love Little Critter books!
- Divorce Care support group: A wonderful resource
- Coaching kids to fight their own battles
- A powerful idea: You can't change others
- No-tech Saturday: An exception & crafts
- A strong marriage is your best parenting tool...
- Food allergies: 7 alternatives to coloring eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: God's entertainment
- Why keeping a landline phone is a good idea
- Organizing tip: Tissue boxes for grocery bags
- Bunny tracks in the house we're building
- ▼ March (68)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...