Thursday, March 7, 2013

Diverse friends keep us from judging

My repertoire of Facebook friends - and I only have about 100, mostly people I'm close to and really want to know what is going on with - is quite diverse in age, state of residence, political views and beliefs.

I learned this quite well during the election. I would have one person's view sitting on top of another person's view which was the COMPLETE opposite. Even within my own family!

What this taught me is 1) I do not want to spend much time on Facebook around elections and 2) I care about people with views all along the spectrum. It reminds me that I do not want to judge others for what they believe or how they live their lives, even if it is different than mine.

Does not mean I agree with them, but it means I will take joy in the fact that I am surrounded by people of all walks of life and points of view. This I find to be a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts