Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Funny things Brady says... about commercials...
Some particular favorites are the Geico pig. "That pig's talking, hee hee hee." Or the Geico Gecko when he wants to make a dramatic commercial and says, "Somebody helllllp meeeeee. I have a flat tiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrre." Brady cracks up at that one.
Most recently, "Mommy, we HAVE to get those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They are SO cool."
To which I say, "Sure, you can buy them with your money, or wait until a holiday or your birthday."
But he's also enamored by the infomercials. "Mommy, we HAVE to get Flex Seal Bright. We'd never have to have someone repair the roof again!" Or, "Mommy, why is everything just $19.95?" Or, "You know, Grandma Sandy has one of those Forever Comfys, and I have to admit, it really is comfy." Or, "Mommy, Wichita has a new buffet with HUNDREDS of things to eat!"
Him and Jason bonded over an infomercial for some kind of spray painting device.
But the best was the other day when he was looking over my shoulder when I was on the computer and an ad popped up. "Oh, that's the Progressive Lady," he says. I said, "How the heck do you know about the Progressive Lady?" "Oh, I saw her on TV."
He makes life really really fun.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- My $4 Mudd boots from Salvation Army store
- 5 reasons I choose not to homeschool
- Deals at Aldi and Dillons, through April 2
- 3 free snailmail Sunmaid raisin recipe books
- 6 reasons collecting is a good kid hobby
- When the problem is behavior, not learning
- ADHD: teacher's attitude makes all the difference
- Proctor & Gamble free samples: I got lots of them!
- Winter's last gasp? We enjoyed it...
- Spring brings lots of work to do...
- A claim code test, please disregard
- Natural talent: Brady's Super Square
- Free stuff from Smiley360, Campbells new soups
- The same boots, 2 Goodwills, 10 years apart
- You know you're in a small town...homemade cookies...
- Finding contentment in what we have...
- God's my King of Rock 'n' roll, 47 songs
- Anxiety buster: Eat more almonds!
- Cool American environmentalist folk art
- This weeks Aldi and Dillons deals....
- Getting your way may not be best
- Day 44 Getting Off Paxil: All done
- Try Something New Thursday: Almonds!
- 1st grade homework help: Spelling, reading, writing
- Spring is here, but snow is coming...
- A cool Memphis/Southern/American experience
- Cool church sign...
- You know you're in a small town when... lost dog
- When to act and when to sit back?
- Dillons and Aldi deals (March 13 - 19)
- Follow your dreams, find your niche
- Pandora: Free music website
- Finding faith is like falling in love
- Behavior booster: Finding common ground
- Good behavior: practice makes...a lot better!
- Weight loss tip: Grocery store salad bar
- Improving spelling ... teacher's advice worked!
- "Love chemicals" wear off after 12 to 18 months
- Music releases feel-good brain chemicals
- Funny things Brady says ... about dreams...
- 80 easy, frugal, healthy packed lunch ideas
- Behavior booster: teaching "inside voice"
- Positive self-talk & 2 sermons that changed my life
- Try Something New Thursday: Hummus
- The power of rewarding a kid...
- A good laugh about my patio garden pots...
- Behavior booster: Work as a team
- Diverse friends keep us from judging
- God bless understanding teachers
- Almost time for the garden!
- Teachable moments: the new kid at school
- This week's deals at Dillons
- Ask yourself, "What can I do for them?"
- Change your hair, change your outlook
- Funny things Brady says... about commercials...
- Sweet things Brady says... about being a parent...
- I love Little Critter books!
- Divorce Care support group: A wonderful resource
- Coaching kids to fight their own battles
- A powerful idea: You can't change others
- No-tech Saturday: An exception & crafts
- A strong marriage is your best parenting tool...
- Food allergies: 7 alternatives to coloring eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: God's entertainment
- Why keeping a landline phone is a good idea
- Organizing tip: Tissue boxes for grocery bags
- Bunny tracks in the house we're building
- ▼ March (68)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...