I'm a big believer in support groups, of connecting with people who understand what you are going through. One thing that is very common in our society, that most of us can relate to each other on, is divorce. So it only stands to reason there would be an extensive divorce support group network.
If you're going through divorce or know someone who is, or even if you've gone through it in the past and are still struggling or want to help others, I would like to recommend Divorce Care. I personally went to a Divorce Care group at my church for several months and it was very good for me.
It helped me realize some things about myself that I needed to see, it helped me heal and it helped me to make better choices in the future. Here's what the website says about it:
"DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk
alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go
through separation or divorce alone. DivorceCare seminars and support groups are led by people who
understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain
access to valuable DivorceCare resources to help you deal with the pain
of the past and look forward to rebuilding your life. There are thousands of DivorceCare divorce recovery support groups
meeting throughout the US, Canada and in other countries around the
world. There’s one meeting near you!"
Many cities also have Divorce Care for Kids. Anyone who has been through it with kids knows how hard that can be.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- My $4 Mudd boots from Salvation Army store
- 5 reasons I choose not to homeschool
- Deals at Aldi and Dillons, through April 2
- 3 free snailmail Sunmaid raisin recipe books
- 6 reasons collecting is a good kid hobby
- When the problem is behavior, not learning
- ADHD: teacher's attitude makes all the difference
- Proctor & Gamble free samples: I got lots of them!...
- Winter's last gasp? We enjoyed it...
- Spring brings lots of work to do...
- A claim code test, please disregard
- Natural talent: Brady's Super Square
- Free stuff from Smiley360, Campbells new soups
- The same boots, 2 Goodwills, 10 years apart
- You know you're in a small town...homemade cookies...
- Finding contentment in what we have...
- God's my King of Rock 'n' roll, 47 songs
- Anxiety buster: Eat more almonds!
- Cool American environmentalist folk art
- This weeks Aldi and Dillons deals....
- Getting your way may not be best
- Day 44 Getting Off Paxil: All done
- Try Something New Thursday: Almonds!
- 1st grade homework help: Spelling, reading, writin...
- Spring is here, but snow is coming...
- A cool Memphis/Southern/American experience
- Cool church sign...
- You know you're in a small town when... lost dog
- When to act and when to sit back?
- Dillons and Aldi deals (March 13 - 19)
- Follow your dreams, find your niche
- Pandora: Free music website
- Finding faith is like falling in love
- Behavior booster: Finding common ground
- Good behavior: practice makes...a lot better!
- Weight loss tip: Grocery store salad bar
- Improving spelling ... teacher's advice worked!
- "Love chemicals" wear off after 12 to 18 months
- Music releases feel-good brain chemicals
- Funny things Brady says ... about dreams...
- 80 easy, frugal, healthy packed lunch ideas
- Behavior booster: teaching "inside voice"
- Positive self-talk & 2 sermons that changed my lif...
- Try Something New Thursday: Hummus
- The power of rewarding a kid...
- A good laugh about my patio garden pots...
- Behavior booster: Work as a team
- Diverse friends keep us from judging
- God bless understanding teachers
- Almost time for the garden!
- Teachable moments: the new kid at school
- This week's deals at Dillons
- Ask yourself, "What can I do for them?"
- Change your hair, change your outlook
- Funny things Brady says... about commercials...
- Sweet things Brady says... about being a parent......
- I love Little Critter books!
- Divorce Care support group: A wonderful resource
- Coaching kids to fight their own battles
- A powerful idea: You can't change others
- No-tech Saturday: An exception & crafts
- A strong marriage is your best parenting tool...
- Food allergies: 7 alternatives to coloring eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: God's entertainment
- Why keeping a landline phone is a good idea
- Organizing tip: Tissue boxes for grocery bags
- Bunny tracks in the house we're building
- ▼ March (68)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...