Monday, March 4, 2013
I love Little Critter books!
Somehow this seems to work for him. If he reads it and sees pictures related to it, it helps him to process it.
I've posted about books to help anxiety and anger, the Joy Berry books, and the Berenstain Bear books.
Another set of books that is great for teaching (I have often said, "Remember in that Little Critter book when...) is the Little Critter books. We have read them since... forever. Plus Brady gets a kick out of Little Critter because he has a penchant for mischief and a really big heart.
Here's a list of their titles:
ALL BY MYSELF
AT THE BEACH WITH DAD
BABY SISTER SAYS NO
HAPPY EASTER, LITTLE CRITTER
I JUST FORGOT
I SMELL CHRISTMAS
I WAS SO MAD (one of Brady's all-time favs!)
JUST A BAD DAY
JUST A BUBBLE BATH
JUST A DAYDREAM
JUST AN EASTER EGG
JUST A LITTLE DIFFERENT (this character is half bunny, half turtle, LOL)
JUST A MAGIC TRICK
JUST A MESS
JUST A NAP
JUST A RAINY DAY
JUST A SNOWY DAY
JUST A THUNDERSTORM
JUST CAMPING OUT
JUST FOR YOU
JUST GO TO BED
JUST GOING TO THE DENTIST
JUST GRANDMA AND ME
JUST GRANDPA AND ME
JUST ME AND MY BABYSITTER
JUST ME AND MY COUSIN
JUST ME AND MY DAD
JUST ME AND MY LITTLE BROTHER
JUST ME AND MY LITTLE SISTER
JUST ME AND MY MOM
LITTLE CRITTER'S THE TRIP
LITTLE SISTER THE MAGIC PUMPKIN
MERRY CHRISTMAS, MOM AND DAD
MY BIG SISTER
THE NEW BABY
THE NEW POTTY
TAKING CARE OF MOM
THIS IS MY BODY
THIS IS MY FAMILY
TRICK OR TREAT, LITTLE CRITTER
TWO-MINUTE LITTLE CRITTER STORIES
WHAT A BAD DREAM
WHEN I GET BIGGER
WHEN I GROW UP
JUST ME AND MY PUPPY
JUST ME IN THE TUB
JUST MY CAMERA AND ME
JUST MY FRIEND AND ME
JUST SAY PLEASE
JUST SHOPPING WITH MOM
LITTLE CRITTER AT SCOUT CAMP
LITTLE CRITTER JUST A GARDEN
LITTLE CRITTER SLEEPS OVER
LITTLE CRITTER SPOOKY HALLOWEEN PARTY
LITTLE CRITTER'S BACKSEAT BUSY BOOK
LITTLE CRITTER'S BEDTIME STORYBOOK
LITTLE CRITTER'S CHRISTMAS
LITTLE CRITTER'S JOKE BOOK (didn't know about this one, will have to find it!)
LITTLE CRITTER'S LITTLE SISTER'S BIRTHDAY
LITTLE CRITTER'S READ-IT YOURSELF STORYBOOK
LITTLE CRITTER'S STAYING OVERNIGHT
LITTLE CRITTER'S THE FUSSY PRINCESS
LITTLE CRITTER'S THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
LITTLE CRITTER'S THE PICNIC
- Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie
- My $4 Mudd boots from Salvation Army store
- 5 reasons I choose not to homeschool
- Deals at Aldi and Dillons, through April 2
- 3 free snailmail Sunmaid raisin recipe books
- 6 reasons collecting is a good kid hobby
- When the problem is behavior, not learning
- ADHD: teacher's attitude makes all the difference
- Proctor & Gamble free samples: I got lots of them!...
- Winter's last gasp? We enjoyed it...
- Spring brings lots of work to do...
- A claim code test, please disregard
- Natural talent: Brady's Super Square
- Free stuff from Smiley360, Campbells new soups
- The same boots, 2 Goodwills, 10 years apart
- You know you're in a small town...homemade cookies...
- Finding contentment in what we have...
- God's my King of Rock 'n' roll, 47 songs
- Anxiety buster: Eat more almonds!
- Cool American environmentalist folk art
- This weeks Aldi and Dillons deals....
- Getting your way may not be best
- Day 44 Getting Off Paxil: All done
- Try Something New Thursday: Almonds!
- 1st grade homework help: Spelling, reading, writin...
- Spring is here, but snow is coming...
- A cool Memphis/Southern/American experience
- Cool church sign...
- You know you're in a small town when... lost dog
- When to act and when to sit back?
- Dillons and Aldi deals (March 13 - 19)
- Follow your dreams, find your niche
- Pandora: Free music website
- Finding faith is like falling in love
- Behavior booster: Finding common ground
- Good behavior: practice makes...a lot better!
- Weight loss tip: Grocery store salad bar
- Improving spelling ... teacher's advice worked!
- "Love chemicals" wear off after 12 to 18 months
- Music releases feel-good brain chemicals
- Funny things Brady says ... about dreams...
- 80 easy, frugal, healthy packed lunch ideas
- Behavior booster: teaching "inside voice"
- Positive self-talk & 2 sermons that changed my lif...
- Try Something New Thursday: Hummus
- The power of rewarding a kid...
- A good laugh about my patio garden pots...
- Behavior booster: Work as a team
- Diverse friends keep us from judging
- God bless understanding teachers
- Almost time for the garden!
- Teachable moments: the new kid at school
- This week's deals at Dillons
- Ask yourself, "What can I do for them?"
- Change your hair, change your outlook
- Funny things Brady says... about commercials...
- Sweet things Brady says... about being a parent......
- I love Little Critter books!
- Divorce Care support group: A wonderful resource
- Coaching kids to fight their own battles
- A powerful idea: You can't change others
- No-tech Saturday: An exception & crafts
- A strong marriage is your best parenting tool...
- Food allergies: 7 alternatives to coloring eggs
- Wisdom from my mom: God's entertainment
- Why keeping a landline phone is a good idea
- Organizing tip: Tissue boxes for grocery bags
- Bunny tracks in the house we're building
- ▼ March (68)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...