Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Frugal tip: watch for super berry sales

Isn't that a beautiful bowl full of raspberries?

Since I've started shopping frugally, I check four grocery ads without fail every week - two local stores, Aldi and Dillons.

In this case, only two weeks after they had blueberries on sale for 99 cents a carton, Dillons had raspberries - normally $2.99 per carton - on sale for 99 cents. I bought four.

I savored them on top of my fake granola sundae. I ate them raw. They would have been great in a dessert or in yogurt. I should have bought more and frozen them (D'oh!).

So keep your eyes open for a good-for-you treat that is suddenly a little more affordable, stock up and enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. What a bargain! I need to keep my eyes out. I love berries but don't buy them when they're really expensive. I think I could do 99 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only bought 4!?! I would've been collecting change from the sidewalk to buy as many as I could! Freeze, make jam, or make lots and lots of yummy treat with it. I wish they had a good sale like that out here on yummy fruits and veggies. I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled, now that I know it's a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I know it. *head smack* I should have bought several more and frozen them, next time I'll remember!

      Delete
  3. Aldi and Dillons (Bakers here) are perfect places for fruit! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are two of my favorite stores. We have two local stores that are good too!

      Delete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts