So at a playdate today Brady's friend threw some mulch from the playground and his Mom quickly reprimanded him. What does Brady immediately do? Yup, throw a handful of mulch at me.
To which I said, "Brady, your friend was just told not to do that and you shouldn't either."
He answered, "But you're a different mom, so I thought you might have a different rule."
That's my standard line when he asks "Why does so-and-so get to do X and I don't!" I tell him, so-and-so's mom may have different rules than me. I guess just like brain development, he threw that one back to me too! Good try, kiddo, but it won't work!
- ► 2017 (53)
- Zombie games and the TV show Full House
- Food and kids as individuals
- Joy when a child's prayer is answered
- Jenni & Jody blog: For parents, 3 question correction
- 8 ways to connect kids to food in the city
- Pointing out real life examples of integrity
- Marriage: Be a team in all you do
- Creamy avocado dip = awesome!
- Gardening tip: save rain water, teach kids reuse!
- Spelling city: Free online fun to help kids learn
- Six ways to keep learning in summer!
- Homemade pickled eggs
- America's wheat harvest is here!
- Reading success: Don't give up in summer
- It's mulberry gathering time, SOOO good!
- Church and the impact of Dads...
- Funny things Brady says... too many Hi's & summer
- Big kid bike: giving kids time to adjust
- Summer playdates keep us social!
- Some things boys learn early!
- Living by the rhythm of the Earth
- Teaching tool: Summer reading goals & rewards
- Smalltown U.S.A.: Our afternoon adventures
- Funny things Brady says ... mom's rules
- Summer is family reconnect time, how fun!
- Learning to hunt: Step 1, signed up for class!
- Funny things Brady says... brain development...
- Living with a chronic illness part 2: Coping
- Only in a small town ... sitting downtown
- Living with a chronic illness, part 1 of 2
- Offering a kindness when no one knows
- Garden woes: you'd think those plants were kids!
- Behavior toolbox: 26 ways we keep on track
- ▼ June (33)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...