Brady went to work with me Friday which was fun but made for a long day, so after an hour or so break at home, around 5 p.m. we headed out into our small community.
First we went to his step-grandparents' house across town to see their newly shorn fluffy white dog. But on the way we ran into a classmate and her siblings. She also happens to be the niece of the after-school care director and the granddaughter of his bus driver. After a few minutes of playing, we went to see our family.
After the park we rode up town and got a pop and plopped on a bench on Main Street. Almost immediately another classmate and her brother (they were at the Invention Party) showed up! They were in a truck with one of the day care workers who was babysitting them and was bringing them to the restaurant.
When they saw Brady they both pressed their faces against the little extended cab truck window with full smiles. Sooooooo... we went into the restaurant to play Pacman and Galaga with them while they waited for their food.
I love his ability to instantly make a new friend.
We never know when we set out who we are going to run into around town. But we made sure we were home by 8 p.m. so he could watch Full House, his new favorite show :)
- Zombie games and the TV show Full House
- Food and kids as individuals
- Joy when a child's prayer is answered
- Jenni & Jody blog: For parents, 3 question correct...
- 8 ways to connect kids to food in the city
- Pointing out real life examples of integrity
- Marriage: Be a team in all you do
- Creamy avocado dip = awesome!
- Gardening tip: save rain water, teach kids reuse!
- Spelling city: Free online fun to help kids learn
- Six ways to keep learning in summer!
- Homemade pickled eggs
- America's wheat harvest is here!
- Reading success: Don't give up in summer
- It's mulberry gathering time, SOOO good!
- Church and the impact of Dads...
- Funny things Brady says... too many Hi's & summer
- Big kid bike: giving kids time to adjust
- Summer playdates keep us social!
- Some things boys learn early!
- Living by the rhythm of the Earth
- Teaching tool: Summer reading goals & rewards
- Smalltown U.S.A.: Our afternoon adventures
- Funny things Brady says ... mom's rules
- Summer is family reconnect time, how fun!
- Learning to hunt: Step 1, signed up for class!
- Funny things Brady says... brain development...
- Living with a chronic illness part 2: Coping
- Only in a small town ... sitting downtown
- Living with a chronic illness, part 1 of 2
- Offering a kindness when no one knows
- Garden woes: you'd think those plants were kids!
- Behavior toolbox: 26 ways we keep on track
- ▼ June (33)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...