Friday, June 21, 2013

Gardening tip: save rain water, teach kids reuse!

I want to share just how far collecting rain water can get you. I have estimated my down-the-hill garden (as opposed to my larger garden with a well at Grandma and Grandpa's old place) takes 10 gallons of water every other day right now.

We got 2 inches of rain a few days ago and I collected it in the old wash tub. That netted me 6 gallons of water to use in the garden.

This not only saves money on water, but also demonstrates in a real-life way to Brady the principal of reuse and recycling. You could even do this for house plants.

I just need to get more wash tubs and save even more! Below is Brady's watering can next to mine, and the milk jugs I save (more recycling!) to collect rain water.


2 comments:

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts