Thursday, June 20, 2013

Spelling city: Free online fun to help kids learn

Brady's upcoming 2nd grade teacher gave me a wonderful resource to help him with spelling.

It's a website called Spelling City, which has this description:

"SpellingCity is a free, educational website that enables parents to add individualized vocabulary and spelling lists. Children of all ages and learning abilities can use their own personalized lists in a variety of learning activities that help to reinforce and correct spelling and word meaning through fun learning games.Registration is free. The majority of our learning activities are printable as well - we even offer handwriting practice worksheets!"

We have checked it out and there are some really fun games. Last year during school, we worked hard on Brady's spelling based on ideas from his teacher and I am happy to say he went from 4 out of 10 mid-year to repeated 10 out of 10s. He loves spelling now.

I think Spelling City will be another good addition to our work at home.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tip about Spelling City! My son isn't quite ready for spelling yet, but I've bookmarked the site for future reference. I'm sure practicing spelling on the computer will be way more fun for him than doing it just with pencil and paper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a neat site. They have games like word find, hangman, scrambles. I was so glad his teacher suggested it! And she has every spelling list for the whole year on there! Wow!

      Delete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts