Awhile back, I read this post on 3 question to ask when your child misbehaves from Jenni & Jody's blog and have been using it with Brady. It is working so great I had to share!
The best part is not leaving room open for "why" they did what they did. I have been asking that and, yes, they are right, the child immediately gives excuses. Asking "what did you do that was wrong" instead of "why did you do that" has made a big difference.
And making it a given that there was a different choice to be made is great too.
Check out the post and see if it might work for your kids too!
- Zombie games and the TV show Full House
- Food and kids as individuals
- Joy when a child's prayer is answered
- Jenni & Jody blog: For parents, 3 question correct...
- 8 ways to connect kids to food in the city
- Pointing out real life examples of integrity
- Marriage: Be a team in all you do
- Creamy avocado dip = awesome!
- Gardening tip: save rain water, teach kids reuse!
- Spelling city: Free online fun to help kids learn
- Six ways to keep learning in summer!
- Homemade pickled eggs
- America's wheat harvest is here!
- Reading success: Don't give up in summer
- It's mulberry gathering time, SOOO good!
- Church and the impact of Dads...
- Funny things Brady says... too many Hi's & summer
- Big kid bike: giving kids time to adjust
- Summer playdates keep us social!
- Some things boys learn early!
- Living by the rhythm of the Earth
- Teaching tool: Summer reading goals & rewards
- Smalltown U.S.A.: Our afternoon adventures
- Funny things Brady says ... mom's rules
- Summer is family reconnect time, how fun!
- Learning to hunt: Step 1, signed up for class!
- Funny things Brady says... brain development...
- Living with a chronic illness part 2: Coping
- Only in a small town ... sitting downtown
- Living with a chronic illness, part 1 of 2
- Offering a kindness when no one knows
- Garden woes: you'd think those plants were kids!
- Behavior toolbox: 26 ways we keep on track
- ▼ June (33)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
My repertoire of Facebook friends - and I only have about 100, mostly people I'm close to and really want to know what is going on with ...