Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Only in a small town ... sitting downtown
Today we rode up town and got a "pop" (Brady won't let me call it "soda" anymore since we live in Kansas now and he's certain the people won't know what I'm talking about) from the 75-cent vending machine in front of the restaurant, then plopped on a bench and shared it.
In the 10 minutes we spent sitting there, we saw the town cop (to which Brady hollered, "My mom says I shouldn't holler at police!" followed quickly by, "Do you ever arrest people?"). The town cop is a good sport and he hollered back across Main Street from the post office. Brady said, "I didn't know police went to the post office."
We then saw a friend of ours who is the mom of one of Brady's classmates and good friends, on her way to work at the restaurant. And we saw three different ladies from our church.
I just love living here.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Zombie games and the TV show Full House
- Food and kids as individuals
- Joy when a child's prayer is answered
- Jenni & Jody blog: For parents, 3 question correction
- 8 ways to connect kids to food in the city
- Pointing out real life examples of integrity
- Marriage: Be a team in all you do
- Creamy avocado dip = awesome!
- Gardening tip: save rain water, teach kids reuse!
- Spelling city: Free online fun to help kids learn
- Six ways to keep learning in summer!
- Homemade pickled eggs
- America's wheat harvest is here!
- Reading success: Don't give up in summer
- It's mulberry gathering time, SOOO good!
- Church and the impact of Dads...
- Funny things Brady says... too many Hi's & summer
- Big kid bike: giving kids time to adjust
- Summer playdates keep us social!
- Some things boys learn early!
- Living by the rhythm of the Earth
- Teaching tool: Summer reading goals & rewards
- Smalltown U.S.A.: Our afternoon adventures
- Funny things Brady says ... mom's rules
- Summer is family reconnect time, how fun!
- Learning to hunt: Step 1, signed up for class!
- Funny things Brady says... brain development...
- Living with a chronic illness part 2: Coping
- Only in a small town ... sitting downtown
- Living with a chronic illness, part 1 of 2
- Offering a kindness when no one knows
- Garden woes: you'd think those plants were kids!
- Behavior toolbox: 26 ways we keep on track
- ▼ June (33)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...