Monday, July 15, 2013
Easy crockpot chicken and rice
I wanted to make one-dish chicken and rice the other day, but needed to put it in the crockpot instead of the oven and found this recipe at About.com.
It turned out pretty well, but in the future I would add something to kick it up a notch, perhaps a little Italian dressing or Head Country seasoning or cooking wine or something.
Boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup rice, uncooked
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 to 2 cups frozen green beans (I used mix veggies)
Put chicken in the crockpot. Add soup, water, rice and broth. Add green beans or veggies. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (Mine probably went 8 hours) or until chicken is cooked and rice is tender.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Our raging river and hearty okra
- KS flood photos: the river broke free!
- Guest posting: What gardens teach kids
- The wonder of Colorado's natural beauty
- KS weather keeps you on your toes
- Homemade pizza: easy, cheap & gourmet!
- Easy stewed Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers and Okra
- Snoopy's wise words: Be yourself
- Cicada music and firefly light show
- What is your kid's currency?
- Sweet things Brady says... about Mom's love...
- Encouragement parenting and the spirited child
- Guest posting: 70 ways to get outdoors
- Having grace when your feelings are hurt
- Doubled reading goal = 1st Chuck E. Cheese trip!
- Homemade ice cream in a bag in 5 minutes!
- Easy crockpot chicken and rice
- On my way learning to hunt
- A double nomination? I'm a lucky girl!
- 100+ degrees? Put the pool & sprinkler in shade
- Pen pals: A lost tradition?
- Kid confidence builder: our drawing work
- Small town scare: Escaped prisoner in town?
- Wisdom from my Mom: Begging? Tell kids what YOU want
- Quick baking tip: too-dark pie crust blanket
- Preserving family memories: our rock jars
- Problem solving: the case of the spilled milk
- Small-town 4th of July
- Co-schooling: We can help educate our kids
- Wisdom from my Mom: teach it all by age 15
- Bossy or sassy? Let's have a do-over and rephrase
- Roasted salmon with smoked paprika
- Harvest excitement: where your bread comes from!
- Food allergies: be diligent! He almost had egg!
- ▼ July (34)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...