Then - double bonus - two of these wonderful people nominated my little blog for the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness. Every time I think of it I smile :) How could you not! I mean, look at this fabulous logo:
Growing Up Madison (It's written by a toddler. How cool is that? Some good parenting ideas here.) and Life Gets Real (I love her take on faith and how it factors into your daily life). These ladies are inspiring and encouraging, and I am grateful to have met them.
Now the rules are I need to 1) Display the logo, 2) Link back to the person who nominated me, 3) Share 10 things about myself and 4) Nominate up to 10 bloggers. Here goes:
- I can type 100 words per minute. For reals.
- I used to work for the U.S. Geological Survey and drove a boat several days a week.
- I have lived in the country of Turkey (until age 18 months), Virginia, Texas, Kansas (twice), Florida (three times), Utah and South Carolina. We live in an amazingly beautiful country.
- My husband and I were engaged in the year 1994, split up that same year, reunited in 2010 and finally married in 2011. It was a very long engagement.
- I'm allergic to Tylenol. Isn't that weird?
- I absolutely adore science fiction and fantasy novels. Recently read The Hunger Games (loved it!) and the first book in the Pure Trilogy (dark, but good). I love me some girl-power, post-apocalyptic fiction.
- I have three brothers, the youngest of which is 10 years older than me. Can you say Tomboy?
- Finding faith in God at 38 changed my life completely. I cannot imagine living without that now.
- My favorite parts of the day are when I sit with Brady for his banana-peanut-butter breakfast every morning and read him stories at bedtime. When he's gone with his Dad (like right now), I miss these things so much.
- I learned at age 40 I was a pretty darn good cook and I truly enjoy it.