Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Funny things Brady says... allergy-go-away-inator

On our recent airplane trip, I walked Brady up to the First Class Area lavatory (can't call it a bathroom when it's in First Class, LOL!). While he was in there, I chatted with a very nice young male flight attendant.

When Brady came out, the guy said real conspiratorially, "Can you keep a secret?" And then he handed Brady one of the special First Class Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies which we had smelled in the air just a few minutes before.

"Oh no!" I said. "That's so nice but he's allergic to eggs!"

Brady and I both thanked him and told him how nice we thought that was. Then Brady, my inventor, added, "And don't worry. When I grow up I'm going to invent an allergy-go-away-inator."

The guy seemed surprised by this statement and said, "Wow. That sounds like a good idea!"

I'm happy both about a random kindness from a stranger and for Brady's upbeat attitude :)


13 comments:

  1. Kids do say the most interesting things don't they. My daughter is soon to be 33 and I still recall stories of some of the things she said as a child. It never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your Brady. He and Peanut have a lot in common with their smartypants-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's those little moments that warm my heart the most - the kindness of strangers and the brilliant things kids think and say. I bet he will invent something to take away allergies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, truly. It was a nice moment, even though he couldn't have the thing the guy was offering. It wouldn't surprise me if he invents something someday :)

      Delete
  4. Way to go Brady. I'll be the first to buy one. I hate allergies! I'm allergic to nuts and certain fruits and don't talk about seasonal allergies. Suffering from them right now as I type. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Ugh. Allergies are so frustrating. Nuts are difficult, they are in a lot. I have the seasonals right now and I'm also allergic to Tylenol and mushrooms, weird combo there. Hope you feel better from the allergies!

      Delete
  5. That was a positive way to react. My 2nd is allergic to cats (and dust, mold, and glycerin), and she is not so positive when she can't be around someone's cats and all her sisters/cousins can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, kitties would be a tough one. I love them so much!

      Delete
  6. I like that Brady is "thinking outside the box" towards a solution. Great skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I thought it was a good way to be positive too!

      Delete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts