Last year, Brady, Jason and I stood at the edge of our pond and stared in horror at the carcasses of huge fish that had flailed themselves out of the water and onto the banks where they died. We were so sad, deep down sad.
The pond had shrunk to a fraction of its normal size and what water was left had turned a putrid green, no good for supporting life. Mother Nature's drought had its way.
Below are photos of that same pond, now brimming with water, in just a year's time (see the trees at its edge that died from the drought). Can you believe the difference one year can make? We have had so much rain it is stunning and I am grateful for it.
We have no more fish, but we can add some. And we will pray that the fickle Lady sees fit to go kindly on us. But who knows what next year will bring.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Food allergies: A sad story from California
- Sweet things Brady says... God is real
- ADHD resources: a link to allergies & asthma?
- Funny things Brady does... his new school rule
- Spiritual boost? Try women's fellowship conference...
- How I know I've found a great sitter
- Thinking of a shortie haircut? Go for it!
- Summer days are made for water
- Easy marinated cucumbers
- How my seat-mate made me feel old!
- Can squash bugs gloat? Are okra zombie plants?
- Summer recipe, Crispy Fried Okra
- Mother Nature's a fickle... Lady
- Low-cal treat: Granola "sundae"
- Life is full with a child in it
- Funny things Brady says... allergy-go-away-inator
- Can't sleep? Count your blessings
- Sweet things Brady says... Princess Leia and me
- Marriage & finances: You had me at Dave Ramsey
- Driving in KS: Corollas & mud don't mix
- Versatility matters: 2nd blog award!
- It's official: I'm licensed to hunt
- Chuck E. Cheese rewards calendars
- Guest posting: Easy Healthy Crockpot Gumbo
- For next summer: Reading programs abound
- DIY: Making a marble scarf necklace
- 10 reasons every couple should camp
- Stuffed patty pan squash
- ▼ August (28)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...