Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Versatility matters: 2nd blog award!

A big shout-out of thanks to Life with Lorelai who nominated this blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. How exciting! Especially after last month, when a couple of really great bloggers humbled me by nominating my little venture for the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness.

Lorelai runs a blog where she describes herself as "a Mom, Writer, Pumpkin Artist, Karaoke Singing, Cooking, Gardener Blogging about Life, Love, Interests..." She has a lot of fun posts, so head on over and check it out!

I think versatility is a great quality to have in our modern world. My mom's dad always told her, "Barchy, don't be a jack of all trades, be a master of one." Well, Barchy and me, we've both had to be versatile to get by in life. So I appreciate this award even more. 


The rules are I need to nominate up to 15 other blogs and tell you 7 things about me.

I have encountered so many great blogs lately - parenting blogs, crafty blogs and spiritual blogs that cover a variety of topics, here are a few - in addition to the ones I nominated for the Epic award:

Called To Be a Mom

Upside Down Kids

At the Lake

Missy Homemaker

Crystal's Tiny Treasures

Grandpa's Christian Soldiers

Mommie Daze

Golden Reflections

Devoted Sonriser

Humble Bumble

Creative K Kids

The Paper Vine

The Practically Green Mom

And 7 things about me... hmmmmm.... let's see...

1. I do not like complicated cooking. I tried making a "roux" for gumbo the other night, burned it twice, melted a spoon and, when I realized I'd have to stand stirring it for 20 minutes, gave up.

2. I am a sucker for Duck Dynasty. I love those guys! Especially when they sit down to pray and eat at the end of the show.

3. I like all the creatures most people don't seem to - snakes, bats, spiders, wasps. I feel like every creature has its place - not on you or in your house, of course! But they are here for a reason, a purpose, just like us.

4. I am extremely allergic to poison ivy. I *shiver* just thinking about it. I think IT'S purpose in life is to keep us humble and knowing we are not invincible.

5. I have big feet! Stylish size 9's are so hard to find.

6. Chips are my weakness. I rarely buy them because I can't stop eating them!

7. I drive a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 180,000+ miles. I love it!

12 comments:

  1. I wear size 9 too, and when you have a car that long, it becomes part of the family. We have a 2001 Buick Century, and we just bought a 2006 Honda Odyssey to replace our 1998 Dodge Caravan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, a kindred foot spirit :) I do think it helps with balance though. And yes, the car is part of the family. Brady gets very teary and upset if I even talk about getting another one. I love driving an "older" car. I'm used to it and I don't worry about it getting dinged. And heck if it's made it that far, it must be good!

      Delete
  2. thanks for the nomination, by the way! I now have to find 15 blogs you didn't find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I know it! I had to do the same, I kept checking Lorelai's blog to make sure I didn't overlap or add the ones I had done before. But, I have found so many neat blogs lately! It's nice to be able to mention them here.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your second nomination Stephanie! Wahoooo, girl! I laughed through your 7 things about yourself, as I can relate to all but a few of them (Duck Dynasty fans here too, the whole clan.......and I hate spiders, so sorry, can't agree with you there, LOL)
    Will check out a few of the other blogs you listed today as I have time!
    Blessings to you!
    ~Heather @ The Welcoming House Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, LOL, we have a few things in common :) Blessings in return!

      Delete
  4. Hi Stephanie. Last week was kind of a whirlwind so I didn't get a chance to respond to this. Thank you so much for nominating our blog for The Versatile Blogger Award. I am so excited to be receiving my second nomination for an award as well. I will be posting my response to the award tomorrow after narrowing down my list of blogs that I admire to 15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) And I know it, there are a lot of great blogs out there!

      Delete
  5. Steph,
    Thank you so much for the nomination! This is my first ever nomination and I am so very grateful! My response will be posted Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really enjoy reading your words and ideas, and hope it brightened your day a little :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you very much for the nomination! I can see why you've been nominated, and I'm honoured you've passed it on to Crystal's Tiny Treasures!
    Have a great autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I enjoy your blog, I really do, an d thanks for your kind words about mine :)

      Delete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts