A big shout-out of thanks to Life with Lorelai who nominated this blog for the Versatile Blogger Award. How exciting! Especially after last month, when a couple of really great bloggers humbled me by nominating my little venture for the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness.
Lorelai runs a blog where she describes herself as "a Mom, Writer, Pumpkin Artist, Karaoke Singing, Cooking, Gardener Blogging about Life, Love, Interests..." She has a lot of fun posts, so head on over and check it out!
I think versatility is a great quality to have in our modern world. My mom's dad always told her, "Barchy, don't be a jack of all trades, be a master of one." Well, Barchy and me, we've both had to be versatile to get by in life. So I appreciate this award even more.
The rules are I need to nominate up to 15 other blogs and tell you 7 things about me.
I have encountered so many great blogs lately - parenting blogs, crafty blogs and spiritual blogs that cover a variety of topics, here are a few - in addition to the ones I nominated for the Epic award:
Called To Be a Mom
Upside Down Kids
At the Lake
Crystal's Tiny Treasures
Grandpa's Christian Soldiers
Creative K Kids
The Paper Vine
The Practically Green Mom
And 7 things about me... hmmmmm.... let's see...
1. I do not like complicated cooking. I tried making a "roux" for gumbo the other night, burned it twice, melted a spoon and, when I realized I'd have to stand stirring it for 20 minutes, gave up.
2. I am a sucker for Duck Dynasty. I love those guys! Especially when they sit down to pray and eat at the end of the show.
3. I like all the creatures most people don't seem to - snakes, bats, spiders, wasps. I feel like every creature has its place - not on you or in your house, of course! But they are here for a reason, a purpose, just like us.
4. I am extremely allergic to poison ivy. I *shiver* just thinking about it. I think IT'S purpose in life is to keep us humble and knowing we are not invincible.
5. I have big feet! Stylish size 9's are so hard to find.
6. Chips are my weakness. I rarely buy them because I can't stop eating them!
7. I drive a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 180,000+ miles. I love it!
- ► 2017 (53)
- Food allergies: A sad story from California
- Sweet things Brady says... God is real
- ADHD resources: a link to allergies & asthma?
- Funny things Brady does... his new school rule
- Spiritual boost? Try women's fellowship conference
- How I know I've found a great sitter
- Thinking of a shortie haircut? Go for it!
- Summer days are made for water
- Easy marinated cucumbers
- How my seat-mate made me feel old!
- Can squash bugs gloat? Are okra zombie plants?
- Summer recipe, Crispy Fried Okra
- Mother Nature's a fickle... Lady
- Low-cal treat: Granola "sundae"
- Life is full with a child in it
- Funny things Brady says... allergy-go-away-inator
- Can't sleep? Count your blessings
- Sweet things Brady says... Princess Leia and me
- Marriage & finances: You had me at Dave Ramsey
- Driving in KS: Corollas & mud don't mix
- Versatility matters: 2nd blog award!
- It's official: I'm licensed to hunt
- Chuck E. Cheese rewards calendars
- Guest posting: Easy Healthy Crockpot Gumbo
- For next summer: Reading programs abound
- DIY: Making a marble scarf necklace
- 10 reasons every couple should camp
- Stuffed patty pan squash
- ▼ August (28)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...