Friday, August 23, 2013

Thinking of a shortie haircut? Go for it!

My latest. I love it!
Hey, for years I was a chicken when it came to my hair. For ages I kept it long, like past middle of my back long. Eventually I went shoulder-length with maybe a few layers, but nothing that really inspired me. 

Until one day - oh around the age of 38 - I said to my hair stylist at the time, "Chop it off. I mean all of it!" And it felt great.

So, ladies, if I can do it, you can too! I say this because I have heard time and time again since then, "Oh, I love your hair. I've always wanted to do that, but I never could."

I want to attest right here and now that a short hair cut - even super short - is a lot of fun, easy to manage, and it makes you feel sassy and confident. I just think any gal that's ever thought of doing it should take the plunge at least once. You can always grow it back out!

I was so glad when I finally did and can't imagine going back.

Just Google "short haircuts" and "images" - like this - and see all the fun styles out there. Okay, that's about as style-intense as I'm ever likely to get here :) Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. You look great! I've had mine long, short and everywhere in between. It's on the longer side now, and I find because I cut it myself that it's easier for me this way. I wonder if I could learn to trim my own short hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! When I start to grow it out now, I go crazy, LOL! My MIL cuts her own and it always looks cute. And I hack on mine in between cut appointments.

      Delete
  2. The short cut looks so good on you! My sister just cut mine a few days ago, and it's about chin length. It's the shortest I've ever had it, and so far I love it! It's so much easier to work with. At this moment in my life, I need easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle :) It feels like "me" to me. And you're right, SO much easier. I was amazed.

      Delete
  3. Short is fun - this is the first time in decades I have it to my shoulders. Also - I stopped coloring and am natural - my natural color is fabulous grey and I get compliments daily. "Who colored your hair? Where can I get it done like that?" I just answer "God Salon 101"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your hair, Ronnie. It seems to fit :) My mom used to have a gray streak right up the middle of her almost-black Czechoslovakian hair. She said she looked like a skunk. Everyone always asked her where she got it done. I wonder if I'll have it someday?

      Delete
  4. I love it! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic! This year has been a perpetual bad-hair-year for me, so I got some cut off a couple of weeks ago (not very short though). It always feels good to have a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's super fun and makes life easy. Oh I hate bad hair years! I've had them. And yes, change is good. Sometimes a physical change can change something inside too :)

      Delete
  6. Steph - I think you look marvelous! And I bet it felt so empowering to finally throw that chicken out the window and go for it! Cool post :)
    Heather @ Exalted Peacock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Heather! :) Yes, empowering is a great word for it.

      Delete
  7. Great style for you...I tried that recently...made the mistake of going to the local beauty school for a new style... A friend told me this girl was amazing...she can look at you and tell you what style will look best for your face.................let's just say ~ I look like the mannequin at the end of the term...but alas, hair will grow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, oh no! I think we've all had a not-what-we-had-envisioned cut before. But yes, thank goodness it grows back. I have often gotten stylists who style my hair after cutting it and they poof it all up and then I have to go home and wash it!

      Delete
  8. You look great in short hairstyle!!! *thumbs up* for taking the plunge!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly enjoy your comments and love to interact. Be sure to check the "notify me" box below to see new comments and replies to your comment! Thank you!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts