I'm contributing again today over at One Smiley Monkey on how parenting is a lot like driving sometimes. The twists and turns, the unexpected obstacles and problems. Sometimes the road is smooth and the riding fun. Other times it's bumpy and the wind is blowing and there's traffic and road closures.
You can check out the post here. And thanks for stopping by!
- ► 2017 (53)
- Guest posting: Parenting is a lot like driving
- Influenster: Try products free & share
- State Fair Fun in Kansas
- Small Town Tuesday: Hog roast
- Thoughts on the "What's your excuse?" photo
- Planning for a healthful Thanksgiving
- Seeing Kansas in Kansas & triple anniversaries!
- Super simple homemade lemonade
- In honor of Halloween, my droopy pumpkin
- Small Town Tuesday: Chicken noodle dinner
- Are we in for a harsh winter?
- Guest contributing at One Smiley Monkey
- Corn Maze is once-a-year fun
- Refigerator cucumber relish
- The small kindnesses that give me hope
- Small Town Tuesday: Our city park
- Lessons from church: Work is worship
- Health benefits of pumpkin
- My peaceful place is gone... for now...
- Co-schooling: spelling mnemonics & practicing letters
- Small town Tuesday: Why I couldn't get my mail
- Easy peasy way to peel tomatoes
- Garlic Parmesan pull-apart bread
- We were made to persevere
- Co-schooling: reading help for 2nd grade
- Small Town Tuesday: Grocery store fun
- New challenge: Record everything I spend
- ▼ October (27)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...