Hahahaha! I laugh every time I see this picture from last year. Maybe nobody else will find it as funny as I do, but you see this poor pumpkin was just sort of plain before he sat outside during a hard Kansas freeze.
I forgot to bring him in.
But let me tell you, I loved him SO much more afterwards! He got all droopy and moldy and wrinkly and started sinking into himself. I thought he was just totally creepy and perfect for Halloween.
There are lots of Halloween posts floating around these days and I don't really have a good one, but this I wanted to share.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Guest posting: Parenting is a lot like driving
- Influenster: Try products free & share
- State Fair Fun in Kansas
- Small Town Tuesday: Hog roast
- Thoughts on the "What's your excuse?" photo
- Planning for a healthful Thanksgiving
- Seeing Kansas in Kansas & triple anniversaries!
- Super simple homemade lemonade
- In honor of Halloween, my droopy pumpkin
- Small Town Tuesday: Chicken noodle dinner
- Are we in for a harsh winter?
- Guest contributing at One Smiley Monkey
- Corn Maze is once-a-year fun
- Refigerator cucumber relish
- The small kindnesses that give me hope
- Small Town Tuesday: Our city park
- Lessons from church: Work is worship
- Health benefits of pumpkin
- My peaceful place is gone... for now...
- Co-schooling: spelling mnemonics & practicing letters
- Small town Tuesday: Why I couldn't get my mail
- Easy peasy way to peel tomatoes
- Garlic Parmesan pull-apart bread
- We were made to persevere
- Co-schooling: reading help for 2nd grade
- Small Town Tuesday: Grocery store fun
- New challenge: Record everything I spend
- ▼ October (27)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...