this post at Moms are Frugal and it inspired me to - starting Friday - record everything I spend my money on in a two-week period.
Who's with me?
I only pay with cash unless it is an online purchase, so I don't spend beyond my means, but sometimes it seems like the cash just disappears! I wonder where it goes and why it didn't last longer.
When I first started changing my spending habits about 7 years ago, I did this with grocery store receipts and was SHOCKED at how much I spent a month on groceries. I have gone from $800 a month at that time to about $300 a month now.
Maybe I can do the same with general spending - on eating out, treats, clothes or toys or movies or whatever. Anybody who is in the same boat and wants to do this challenge with me, hop on and we can compare notes two weeks from Friday.
I am really curious to see what I learn from this, what trends I discover or things I didn't even realize I was doing. And the goal is to be more intentional with the cash I have and perhaps start a little cash savings fund for a special trip or something I really want.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Guest posting: Parenting is a lot like driving
- Influenster: Try products free & share
- State Fair Fun in Kansas
- Small Town Tuesday: Hog roast
- Thoughts on the "What's your excuse?" photo
- Planning for a healthful Thanksgiving
- Seeing Kansas in Kansas & triple anniversaries!
- Super simple homemade lemonade
- In honor of Halloween, my droopy pumpkin
- Small Town Tuesday: Chicken noodle dinner
- Are we in for a harsh winter?
- Guest contributing at One Smiley Monkey
- Corn Maze is once-a-year fun
- Refigerator cucumber relish
- The small kindnesses that give me hope
- Small Town Tuesday: Our city park
- Lessons from church: Work is worship
- Health benefits of pumpkin
- My peaceful place is gone... for now...
- Co-schooling: spelling mnemonics & practicing lett...
- Small town Tuesday: Why I couldn't get my mail
- Easy peasy way to peel tomatoes
- Garlic Parmesan pull-apart bread
- We were made to persevere
- Co-schooling: reading help for 2nd grade
- Small Town Tuesday: Grocery store fun
- New challenge: Record everything I spend
- ▼ October (27)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Saw this article today and they had some good ideas. I forgot peaches in my 100 low-cal snacks! Here's the link: Spark People 100 cal tr...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...
Back in January, I posted this deal from Proctor & Gamble (I don't know if they have the same ones available or others now, but...