Brady is blessed to have a wonderful sitter (our pastor's daughter) two days during the summer and a few afternoons a week during the school year.
Earlier this summer, she led a Five Day Club as a spiritual counselor. Brady was able to sit in during two of the days.
At one point during the lesson, she said something along the lines of "God loves us more than anyone."
To which Brady's arm shot up and he said, "My mom loves me more than God!"
While we will continue to work on the idea of just what God's love means, in the meantime I will take joy in the fact that he believes in my love with all his heart. Thank goodness. I always said the best gift my Mom ever gave me was a complete and total belief in her love for me no matter what.
I never doubted it my entire life, ever. And I hope and pray Brady takes that gift with him through life as well.
- ► 2017 (53)
- Our raging river and hearty okra
- KS flood photos: the river broke free!
- Guest posting: What gardens teach kids
- The wonder of Colorado's natural beauty
- KS weather keeps you on your toes
- Homemade pizza: easy, cheap & gourmet!
- Easy stewed Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers and Okra
- Snoopy's wise words: Be yourself
- Cicada music and firefly light show
- What is your kid's currency?
- Sweet things Brady says... about Mom's love...
- Encouragement parenting and the spirited child
- Guest posting: 70 ways to get outdoors
- Having grace when your feelings are hurt
- Doubled reading goal = 1st Chuck E. Cheese trip!
- Homemade ice cream in a bag in 5 minutes!
- Easy crockpot chicken and rice
- On my way learning to hunt
- A double nomination? I'm a lucky girl!
- 100+ degrees? Put the pool & sprinkler in shade
- Pen pals: A lost tradition?
- Kid confidence builder: our drawing work
- Small town scare: Escaped prisoner in town?
- Wisdom from my Mom: Begging? Tell kids what YOU want
- Quick baking tip: too-dark pie crust blanket
- Preserving family memories: our rock jars
- Problem solving: the case of the spilled milk
- Small-town 4th of July
- Co-schooling: We can help educate our kids
- Wisdom from my Mom: teach it all by age 15
- Bossy or sassy? Let's have a do-over and rephrase
- Roasted salmon with smoked paprika
- Harvest excitement: where your bread comes from!
- Food allergies: be diligent! He almost had egg!
- ▼ July (34)
I cannot believe that this blog started three months ago. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to say. Well, LOL, I n...
According to this article, Wichita has received the 2nd largest snowfall on record, reaching so far 14.2 inches, with the highest being 15 ...
Today I want to start talking about a topic very near to my heart: postpartum depression. According to the agency I volunteer with, Postpart...
This post is a part of the Fantabulous Valentine's Day Favorites blog chain put together by a great group of bloggers. The theme ...
Apparently Brady has learned about "humus" - broken down organic matter which makes wonderful soil - as opposed to "hummu...
My hunting hubby always comes home with new things to cook. Venison, wild hog, dove. This time it was prairie chicken. They're interesti...
So a recent discovery, given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law, is Walgreens' knock-off perfumes. They have all kinds, like fake Opium...
We try to teach our kids a lot of things. Sometimes it feels like there is too much. Eat healthy food. Brush your teeth. Be polite. Be pat...
There's a good guest post at the Money Saving Mom blog today . Here's an excerpt: "Because of increasing gasoline prices we n...
Do you like my little depiction of a "worry bully" over there? I think that's kind of what they look like sitting on some...